In August 2007, Mr. Long was appointed as Deputy CEO of Smartlink Card., JSC, responsible for Operation, Development and Research.
Since April 2015, he has been appointed as Deputy CEO of Vietnam National Financial Switching JSC (Banknetvn) as a result of the merger completion between Banknetvn and Smartlink, responsible for Operations. Banknetvn is the organization granted the License for financial switching and electronic clearing services in Vietnam. Since February 2016, Banknetvn has changed its entity name to National Payment Corporation of Vietnam (NAPAS)
Holding the position of Deputy CEO of both Smartlink and Banknetvn (now called NAPAS), he gained success in projects to build up an unique banks payment network across the nation, provide e-payment services, expand benefits to card holders and effectively encourage the development of non-cash payments in Vietnam as per the instruction of the Prime Minister and the State Bank of Vietnam.
Exemplary projects include:
- Project of connecting ATM/POS switching networks between Smartlink and Banknetvn
- International and Domestic Payment Gateway Project;
- 24/7 Inter-Bank Fund Transfer Project;
- - Project of Brand Differentiation Strategy and Persona for the new brand of NAPAS.
The mentioned projects had been completed successfully which take a critical part in building a stable technical foundation for non-cash payments in Vietnam.
- Project of connecting ATM/POS Switching networks;
- Project of International and Domestic Payment services;
-Project of 24/7 Inter-Bank Fund Transfer services;
- Project of Vietnam Domestic Chip-Based Payment Card Specification (VCCS)
The success of the aforementioned projects has taken a critical part in building a firm foundation for the retail payment industry in Vietnam.